Somewhere out there there must be a girl for this boy
Could be anywhere, could be next door or the other side of the world.
There must be someone,
there must be someone like me,
sitting lonely as a boat out there.
Oh, on nights like these, feel like falling to my knees
I feel like calling: "Heaven Please
Find my Love"
Could be anywhere, could be next door or the other side of the world.
There must be someone,
there must be someone like me,
sitting lonely as a boat out there.
Oh, on nights like these, feel like falling to my knees
I feel like calling: "Heaven Please
Find my Love"
If I was going alone to Eddi Reader's rare London gig tonight, featuring cabaret seating, I might have been going in search of love.
The imaginary lover that I would have met this evening would have smiled into my eyes as I explained the lyrics of each song to her, and she would have been entranced and astonished when Eddi read out a my special request and dedication (for in my imagination anything is possible and I would have emailed ahead)
Unfortunately I am not going alone for I bought two tickets and my original friend stood me up and I have ended up taking my old mate Dredd. Dredd is a lawyer and he is both richer and taller than me, so if even my imaginary admirer is present this evening and does notice the two of us sitting invitingly at our four seater cabaret table with a bottle of Champagne and two empty chairs (yes, damn right we are getting there early), well, bitter experience tells me which one of us would attract her attention.
The imaginary lover that I would have met this evening would have smiled into my eyes as I explained the lyrics of each song to her, and she would have been entranced and astonished when Eddi read out a my special request and dedication (for in my imagination anything is possible and I would have emailed ahead)
Unfortunately I am not going alone for I bought two tickets and my original friend stood me up and I have ended up taking my old mate Dredd. Dredd is a lawyer and he is both richer and taller than me, so if even my imaginary admirer is present this evening and does notice the two of us sitting invitingly at our four seater cabaret table with a bottle of Champagne and two empty chairs (yes, damn right we are getting there early), well, bitter experience tells me which one of us would attract her attention.
No comments:
Post a Comment