~0~ First Post : In Media Res

A good story starts in media res, and I hope this is a good story.

A blog starts at the end because its first post, superseded by later additions, sinks gradually to the bottom of the page until, squeezed to the sidebar, it languishes in the archive, deep in the silt of the unvisited far right hand corner. One day it may even be deleted altogether

But in a new blog, in an empty blog, the first post sets the scene and lays out the stall.

A good first post would entertain, inform and intrigue, it might hint tantalisingly of a story not untold, but with an ending still unknown. A story told widdershins, a story of marriage, family and love. Of work, play and of living,  A story of passion and subterfuge:

I don't have a Secret Lover, but if I did have one I'd certainly want her to be a Secret Agent.

No comments:

Post a Comment